Monday, October 13, 2008

Candy & Cane

Should candy comes before the cane or the other way??

My bosses seemed to prefer to give candy to smoother things and then the cane. I started to realise this recently. It happened a lot of times, especially the increase of more workload and disputes.

Last week, I had a fierce fight with my boss due to some issue which I will not elaborate here. Bad things happened were all history now. So, after the fight, I was ignoring my boss completely for that rest of the day, neither speak nor look at him.

The next day, my boss and I had a talk, in the morning so things were somehow resolved. As I suspected, lady boss had asked me if I had packed for lunch. I tried to tell her that I would be packing my lunch back. (Actually, I intended to cook) But, when I was going out to get my daily coffee, she stopped me and said she already cooked my share. =.=III I was speechless.

The lunch went on smoothly, no mention of the fit that I had with my boss. But, of course, cane and candy are good friends, they will come together or one after another. When my boss was out for meeting, she started to talk to me about that incident.

Frankly speaking, I will prefer cane before candy, regardless of anything. If the other way, it always seemed a bit hypocrite to me. :s It gives me that feeling " I give you a treat first to get a return from you later".

Anyway, the lunch was not a feast, just normal home cooked food. Normally, I don't care what type of cuisine that people are treating me, even hawker centre food, I am satisfied with but I am concerned about the motive that lies behind it except for my birthday lah. ^^

No comments: