Sunday, May 11, 2008

Japan Trip 2008 - Part 5 / 2nd Day












After leaving Ueno Park, we dropped by this 6-storey anime building before we headed down to Akihabara. This building was stationed a few shops beside the stall that we had our breakfast earlier on and just opposite Ueno Train Station.

I will recommend this place for getting souvenirs. A lot of cute things inside and I spent a bomb, most of the souvenirs I got it from here, which I never expected that in the first place. =.=III












Then we went to Akihabara to visit the Tokyo Anime Centre. It was free admission.











Inside the Tokyo Anime Centre. All these figurines are human-size. I have taken quite a number of pictures but I only posted this. This was just the beginning of day 2. :s

Since we were at Akihabara, of course, we went to some of the electronic shops and beside, Min wanted to get a handphone, one of the latest design in Japan.

One highlighted point, beside electronics stuffs, there were alot of bookshops at Akihabara, most of them were multiple stories. (My eyes were opened wide and shining with anticipation) This was where I managed to clear most of the titles on my book list. Heehee~~~











In the late evening, we set off to Ropponggi Hills to look at the street arts and lookout for this big gigantic spider sculpture, specially requested by Min.

While taking a rest, I saw groups of office people coming out of the building and there were these people with camera, background lighting boards etc. Then these groups of office people would stand under the gigantic spider sculpture, like what we did when we were taking our class photos back in school days. Instead of class photos, they were taking office photos.

If you look at the background carefully, you can see the Tokyo Tower behind and that was our final stop. Seemed near but that's where our exhausted journey started. T______T

No comments: