Monday, July 7, 2008

Rotten Apple (s)

I just came back from lunch, fuming with anger and disbelief.

Earlier on, at the hawker centre, it was quite crowded despite that it was around one o'clock when I reached there. After ordering my food, I went to search for an empty table or a table to share. Finally, found one round table, with one lady. She was alone as well. I had found a table to share but no chair, so I started looking around to borrow empty chair.

I approached a group of ladies on the left when I saw a table with 3 ladies but 5 chairs.;3 of them were taken, one for putting the ladies' handbag and one was empty. However, when i asked to take that chair away, they said they were waiting for another one person. Normally, I will take it and leave but the empty chair was placed at the angle of the square table. How can one having meal with that arrangement. Well, since words were spoken, I just walked off to try my luck at other tables.

After about 5 minutes, I managed to get one empty chair. As I was just seated, I saw another group of ladies, which was opposite my table, stood up and left. Then I realised, this group of ladies had already finished their meals long ago because the hawker uncle was clearing away only cups and glasses. I always hate people like this, after finishing their meals (+ drinks), they refused to leave. If the hawker centre is empty, I don't care you take one hour or 24 hours, sitting there but during crowded period, when people are searching for seats, with grumbling stomach, these people should be more considerate.

After finishing my lunch, which took about 20 minutes, I stood up and ready to head back office. Then I decided to let my gaze drifted to the table on my left. It was still occupied by the 3 ladies who were talking away and there were 5 chairs; 3 were taken, one was occupied with handbag and one was empty. That empty chair that I asked for at the beginning.

No comments: