Saturday, December 6, 2008

Updates

Last Friday, I accompanied a friend to Orchard to search for a new handphone so I took the chance to drop by Kinokuniya to check out the title of the mysterious Japanese magazine that I have been thinking of purchasing it. I skimmed through all the Japanese magazines available but couldn't find it!!!

Luckily, there was a Japanese department merchandiser, who was arranging the magazines, nearby so I decided to try my luck with her. And just by mentioning the male artist name, she was able to figure out which title I was looking for. I was very excited and impressed by her knowledge for her professionalism!!! d(^__^)b But her next sentence brought me down to earth!!!! It was out of stock and they would not replenished again as it was already the second shipment!!!! Can you believe that??!!! That magazine was the December issue and it was already out of stock!!! Today is just the 6th of December!!!!!!! Okay, back to the story~~~


Then I requested if I could get a glimpse of the magazine cover to double confirm and so I followed her back to the counter. Then she turned the laptop, facing me.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Cut-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%83%E3%83%88-2008%E5%B9%B4-12%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7-%E9%9B%91%E8%AA%8C/dp/B001KVJZCW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228570535&sr=8-1


Ta-Da!!! This is the one!!! The one I have been looking for it. Although the face was covered but I remember the background. Since it was out of stock for Orchard branch, I asked if she could check the availability at other branch, which is Bugis. She helped me to call up and fortunately, there is stock and it happened to be the last copy!!!!! Thanks God!!!! So I requested for the copy to be transferred to Orchard branch and she agreed. So, now I am waiting for the call to make my collection. Heehee...

On the same day, I received my third desk calendar, given to me by my lady boss. It was so cute that I couldn't bear to reject, although I was still thinking of a new location to display my second desk calendar. I only have one desk yet three desk calendar!!! :s Help!!!!






2 comments:

Rosciel said...

haha..No wonder i couldnt help you find the book , i happen to go down to bugis today after my work on some company issue that have to go down and settle.

I happen to get to the kino as well and look for the book , but didnt see any , only some group of boys , so i confirm is not the one u want and didnt make a call to ask you..hahaha

great you got it.

Anonymous said...

Lol!!
Can it possibly be.. SHIROTA YUU's MAGAZINE?? at least.. I've that in my mind.. when u were raving about it :p