Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dilemma



I am in a dilemma now.

I have started sending out resumes and went for an interview in my friend's firm. I have two friends working at that firm, Rach and FM.

It was a firm with around 60 people and the manager who interviewed me, said there are still rooms for 80. In my field, big firms are always very systematic and compartmentalise which are very different from working in small firms when you just do everything, jack of all trades.

Alot of friends encouraged me to move on to a bigger firm which offer better prospect and most importantly, they can afford to pay more and a change of environment is good for me as well.

Currently, I am the only staff in my firm, a loner, to be more specific. Lunch in or out by myself, rushing for deadline without any help and no one to complain, well, I do complain to my boss when I met any setbacks in works or being misunderstood by clients or other parties.

Okay, I am abit off track. Rach's firm called me this morning and they offered the position and the salary that I asked for. That was something to be happy about but yet, I don't really feel keen about it. One of the main reason is that the scope of work from Rach's firm is different from what I am doing and enjoying it now. But, my priority is actually money now. I need money now.

I really, really want to continue doing what I enjoy, to find contentment and satisfaction but my boss can only offer this sum of money that was lower than my expectation. Haizz...

To leave what I am enjoying now for more money or to continue seeking enjoyment with less money.

Sometimes, although I know what is my priority but I am not that kind of person who only sees money and just work for the sake of money.(of course money is important to me, very important to the family)

I am worried that by sticking to my priority and accepting the offer, I can't enjoy my work and that will affect me alot.

Haizzz...which path should I take now...and where is going to lead me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remembered you've said something to me in the past?

Colleagues and jobscope are the most important in the workplace.

The salary is secondary.

You will only get your pay once a month, but you'll face your colleagues and work everyday.

Tread wisely :)